Custom Desings "just for you"

Custom Desings "just for you"
Ladygemolgist

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Live your dreams, be your "true self"

Live your dreams, be your "true self"

You should love what you do. Never give up on being your “true self”. Ask yourself, am I living my life being true to myself? If not, find a way. You’ll be amazed how your life will change.

Ladygemologist is just a gal who's finally living her dream. I've always loved jewelry & gemstones. I’d play in my mother's jewelry box for hours at a time.

As an adult, like many others, after eleven years of marriage, I found myself divorced with a two year old daughter. In retrospect, I was evolving into a strong woman, and continuing on the road to my destiny. The saying.."Everything is the way it should be" is so true, even if it doesn't seem like it in a life changing moment.

I’ve spent many years existing, never living my “true self”. It wasn’t until 2008, that I finally realized my calling, and frankly, I had spent so many years just making a living and getting by that I didn’t even realize it until I stumbled across it. Although, deep down inside I knew that something was missing from my life, I could never really pin-point what it was.

An unexpected change occurred and I relocated to Arizona. I had no job, no plans, just a few meager savings in the bank. Not long after moving I discovered that the largest gem show in the world was being held in Tucson, AZ., about 60 miles from home. I knew I had to go, no matter what.

After a couple of months of excitement & anticipation the day finally arrived and I drove to Tucson. I found myself happier than I'd been in years, it was like being a kid again, digging around in my mom's jewelry box. My eyes were amazed, my heart beat like a drum. I walked for hours, looking and loving every moment. I met a gentleman who was representing the International School of Gemology. I stopped and spoke with him for a moment, took a flyer, and kept walking. Not enrolling on the spot, questioning myself, as if it would lack good judgment. Why wasn't I allowing myself to do what I love? It played over and over like a record in my mind, not letting go. The next day, without hesitation, I enrolled in the International School of Gemology, and have never regretted it. I had finally found my "true self" and love every moment.

Even though it took me many years to find my "true self", I wouldn't change the growth and experiences along the way. They made me who I am. Remember: it's never too late to live your dreams and be true to yourself.

My favorite quote, "On the road of life, sometimes your destiny is found on the road you took to avoid it".

Happy trails
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment